Monday 10 May 2010

Home maker duties,

i am an home maker. well there was a recently a discussion on my face book about unemployment. and my partner is unemployed it got fairly nasty in the end and the thread had to be deleted.

I realized that some modern day women thought being an homemaker/house wife was boring and all that we do is sit on our bums all day. they was working class mums. i think good on them but the myth that home making is sitting on my bum all day is wrong.

so i though to change this myth i'd list things that i do and put my daily plans on here.

i believe 1950's house wife lifestyle works for me. the house was kept in order whilst the man went to work,the children had a mother around all the time. which i feel my child needs. and if my partner worked i would make him relaxed when he came back home from work with a cup of tea and his dinner. but he doesn't have that privilege as he doesn't work. which does i must admit frustrates me a lot. instead i do have to force him sometime liturgically to help around the house.

My day is usually spent with my daughter, going to sure start and the park. we bake together, and bake our own bread,make pizzas, bake cakes and all sorts. all my bread i make from hand and i have this year started growing a few vegetables. i'm expanding my knowledge on this to see if i can do it every year and get better at it. in the morning i get the breakfast prepared and sometimes cook tea so it's ready for the evening especially if we have things planned in our day, i either do this in the morning or night before. if I've not done it either of those times i cook at about 3pm. i cook everything from scratch. nothing i do is shop brought ready meals. that way i know whats in the food in daughter is eating. i do the washing up,washing clothes and gardening. my daughter helps me with gardening and we plant seeds for flowers and veg together.

I'm not saying this is for everyone and I'm not saying that employed mothers don't work in the house and cook from scratch etc. but this is how i enjoy my lifestyle un till my little one goes to school i will not get a job. as every minute with my daughter is precious.

when i get it arranged I'd put my daily plans on here and rotas as me and my partner are thinking of putting a rota together of what needs doing, doing shopping lists and food rotas of what we're eating.

to me i as a women can not compare myself to a man. men are stronger and are made for working. women in general are more nurturing and made to be with their children or in caring,nurturing jobs and that's why i feel happy where i am. it's just a shame society puts us homemakers down and tries to force women into getting careers. but none of us are told that being an home maker is an option. i'm not by no means saying that men are better then women just that we both have different qualities. to me it's more natural for me to be home with my child then working. when she goes to school and starts to need me less. i may look at getting a job.

some may disagree with my views but that's okay. we're all different and I'm not by any means saying that all women should be like this. times have changed. for the worse unfortunately. the same as there's no manners now a days and people don't respect there olders,communities are divided,the land is used as a rubbish tip, the earth is being polluted etc. makes me sick really. and a lot of it due to greed and materialism. people agree with cheap labor for employers to take advantage of but then they will as just think where their clothes and shoes are coming from. maybe from slavery as some of the big named brands do use slavery.

No comments:

Post a Comment